Welcome to MOT Tools – a fast, efficient way of discovering MOT check data and vehicle history through our comprehensive vehicle check service. Completely free!
This lookup service is built by Jay, I’m a full-time website developer and car fanatic who wanted to make a faster, simpler way of checking your important vehicle data for free.
Sick of slow websites, paywalls and content hidden behind email opt-ins, I set out to build a super simple, blazing fast way of checking your vehicle’s MOT history that anybody can use.
All the data is sourced direct from the UK Government Department DVSA, which means it’s 100% accurate and is exactly as you would find if you were to perform an official check.
With results, dates and all the important vehicle information written in plain English, I hope it serves as a useful resource!
- 8th June 2020 – Added vehicle summary paragraph and About page
- 5th May 2020 – Added Facebook & Twitter share buttons to check results pages
- 27th April 2020 – Removed intermediary check results page
- 8th December 2019 – Added MOT historical data into table
- 28th November 2019 – Added minor UI animations to home page
- 7th November 2019 – Website launched
Thanks for the support!